You will be pleased to hear this is completely normal, after all your body has just completed something huge! The thought of even getting off the sofa today may be beyond you. However, if we can convince you, there are a few things you can be doing to aid your recovery:
1. Go for a swim or a walk.
2. Do some gentle movements and stretches.
3. Keep fuelling yourself, you will still be burning more calories than you realise.
4. Stay hydrated, replacing vital electrolytes and water that will have been lost yesterday.
If you have tried the above and are still struggling with any of the following, then it may be best to get some help and advice from our specialist practitioners:
1. Extreme muscle soreness - our Massage therapists, Hannah, Robyn and Steph, can offer sports and deep tissue massages to help alleviate muscle pain and stiffness.
2. Swelling/bruising/ severe pain – as our sports therapist, I can assess injury and advise on treatment and rehabilitation so that you can bounce back to running. Leaving something untreated may lead to a longer recovery.
3. Back pain - our Osteopath team – Joe, Caroline, Alex and Andy - can assess and treat spinal pain and discomfort.
4. Broken or black toenails or hard skin - our foot health specialist Sarah, and podiatrist Catherine, can take care of your feet giving them a new lease of life post marathon.
If you would like any further help or advice, please just give us a call on 01256 770022.